About Rogue Fake Microsoft Antivirus alert!
Fake Microsoft Antivirus alert is a rogue program that only promotes and sells its product. The PC users shouldn’t trust this useless product and get it downloaded it on your computer. It is a dreadful disaster for computer users and starts to work weirdly, if it enters into your PC. The product it promote can be installed on your computer without your permission or users may install it mistakenly from its official website. Users infected with this malware get redirected to malicious related website randomly where they get the option of downloading its product from internet. It pretend to be a legitimate antivirus or anti-spyware program but that is totally false, that can protect your computer and your privacy while ensuring optimal system performance with the ability to locate, eliminate and prevent the widest range of spyware threats. In fact, it will never protect you from cyber threats, because it is a big threat itself and may cause harmful damage to your system.
Once it is installed into your computer it starts proceeds to load itself as a start up program and scan your PC automatically. After that, it displays lots of misleading popup alert messages and fake system scan results to scare users and push them to buying this useless software. And it will also block any legitimate security programs already installed on the system which may lead to its removal. Besides, this virus can download virus and malware into the system making your computer even more prone to dangerous and harmful cyber threats. No matter how trusty this product looks like, dont download or pay for the so called “Full Version”. This program wont remove any threats but only infect your PC further with more cyber intruders. So, it is recommended for you to remove Fake Microsoft Antivirus alert from your system to secure the stability and normal operation.
Fake Microsoft Antivirus alert Attack Symptoms!
- It installs itself to the PC without users consent.
- It compromises user’s system privacy and security.
- It may hijack, redirect and change user’s browser and internet settings.
- It displays several annoying popup and adverts while user surfs the web.
- It also makes path for the installation of other types of spyware/adware.
- It resists almost all the procedure of its removal.
- And many more.
How Fake Microsoft Antivirus alert Enters into Windows System?
You usually protect your PC using powerful antivirus programs and also update Firewall on a regular basis for its protection. But still malicious infections like Fake Microsoft Antivirus alert easily bypass your security system. The question here rises is “How these infections enter into the PC”? Well, the exact answer of this question is still a nightmare for the common people because cyber criminals use different-different advanced techniques to find and exploit the loopholes in your system and find an easy way of get in. So, for your knowledge some of the common mediums by which PC threats infiltrates in to the computer system are mentioned below
- Opening malicious and infected email attachments.
- Downloading freeware and shareware stuffs from unsafe sites.
- Visiting malicious websites and clicking suspicious links on it.
- Using infected Network Drives.
- Attacks from executable code scripts.
- Using infected removal storage devices.
- And several others.
How To Remove Fake Microsoft Antivirus alert Effectively From PC?
Fake Microsoft Antivirus alert is a dangerous rogue that must not be kept in any system for much time, you must scan your computer and clean this unwanted stuff as quick as possible. It can be done by two removal process, Manual or Automatic process. Automatic process has more advantage than manual process, as it is time saving comparing to manual process. It dont need much user effort you have to just download the program given below and start the automatic removal process, it will find all the traces of this virus himself and totally remove it from you system. In addition it will optimize the speed and performance of your PC, it is strongly recommended to remove Fake Microsoft Antivirus alert as soon as you can.
Manual removal methods of Fake Microsoft Antivirus alert tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below
Step 1 – Start your Windows system and keep pressing F8 button on your keyboard until Windows Advanced Option menu shows up. Then select the Safe Mode with Command Prompt option from the list and press Enter.
Step 2 – Stop Fake Microsoft Antivirus alert processes
- Click the Start menu, select Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe into the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- Click Processes tab, and find badware processes.
- Once you’ve found the badware processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill badware.
Step 3 – Delete related files from PC:
- Click Windows Start menu & then click “Search.”
- A pop up will ask, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders”
- Type a badware file name in the search box, and select “Local Hard Drives”
- Click “Search” and wait till all badware files are found.
- Once you get them simply delete them.
Step 4 – Delete DLL files related to this rogue
- Open the Start menu, and click “Run” Type “cmd” in Run, and click “OK.” (In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.)
- To change your current directory, type “cd” in the command box, press “Space,” and enter the full directory where the badware DLL is located. If you’re not sure where the badware DLL is located, enter “dir” in the command box to display a directory’s contents. To go one directory back, type “cd ..” in the command box and press “Enter.”
- When you’ve found a badware DLL, type “regsvr32 /u AnyDLLName.dll” (e.g., “regsvr32 /u jl27script.dll”) and press “Enter.”
Step 5 – Remove related registry keys
- Click the Start menu, and click “Run.” An “Open” field will appear. Type “regedit” and click “OK ” to open up your Registry Editor. In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.
- Registry Editor opens as a two-paned window: the left side lets you select registry keys,the right side shows the values of any selected registry key.
- To find a badware registry key, select “Edit,” then select “Find,” and in the search bar type any of badware ‘s registry keys.
- When the badware registry key appears, to delete the badware registry key, right-click it, and select “Modify,” then select “Delete.”
How to Protect PC from Future Malware Attacks?
You should always take good care of your Windows system because it is something that you use on a daily basis and you want it to be healthy and work properly. So, to avoid any future intrusions from any malware you must follow or take some precautions to avoid cyber attacks and keep PC safe and healthy. Some very useful PC protection tips are mentioned here below
- First of all, always update the security program you are using on a regular basis like its virus definition and program version.
- Avoid clicking any suspicious links of any un-trusted websites.
- Check email attachments before opening it especially if they are of spam mails.
- Try not to click or open any malicious advertisements from any social or unsafe websites.
- Avoid downloading stuffs like free programs, audio/video codecs etc. from torrents or sites.
- Use a powerful Firewall to block any incoming connections from malicious hosts.
- Before using any secondary storage device scan it properly for any traces of virus infections.
- Always keep your confidential stuffs password protected using combination of normal and special characters.