About DefaultTabSearch.exe Virus!
DefaultTabSearch.exe virus is a malicious program which is developed by Search Results, LLC. This malware is characterized as a browser hijacker program which enters into victim PC through free software downloaded program from internet. And, it may corrupt your default settings of your browsers like Firefox, Chrome or Internet explorer and Changes home page and displays unwanted paid pop-ups advertisements in users PC screen. This malware is created to redirect your search results from Google to its own websites or similar websites where you’ll be shown advertisements ads and pop-ups. This virus brings lots of threats into infected PC and damages your system. Mostly it damages the system registry keys and corrupts its files and folders. As this virus gets installed in your PC secretly and Collects Personal user information and sends it to Cyber hackers for marketing purpose. Moreover, it may slow down your PC’s performance and displays annoying advertisements ads and pop-ups. So what are you waiting for? Remove DefaultTabSearch.exe virus from your computer as soon as possible.
Screenshot of DefaultTabSearch.exe Virus!
Harmful Symptoms of DefaultTabSearch.exe Virus !
Intrusion methods of this threat are really very tricky and is really hard to identify. Once it gets into the computer system it badly affects its performance and make it to work really very slow and sluggish. It even deactivates PC protection tool and posses several such damaging properties. Some of them are summed up here below –
- You will find issues in running or executing some of your programs in your PC.
- Browser and internet settings will be altered without your knowledge.
- Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search results will be redirected to suspicious sites.
- Search results will be redirected to unknown websites which are malicious in nature.
- You will notice several unwanted and commercial pop-ups and advertisements in a row.
- Your PC resources will be compromised and certain functions will be disabled.
- It will slow down the PC while starting up, playing online games, surfing internet and performing other tasks.
- It may mess up with your privacy settings and may steal your personal files or information.
- Constant annoying ads and fake alerts will convince you to buy their useless product.
How DefaultTabSearch.exe Virus Enters into Windows System?
You usually protect your PC using powerful antivirus programs and also update Firewall on a regular basis for its protection. But still malicious infections like DefaultTabSearch.exe Virus easily bypass your security system. The question here rises is “How these infections enter into the PC”? Well, the exact answer of this question is still a nightmare for the common people because cyber criminals use different-different advanced techniques to find and exploit the loopholes in your system and find an easy way of get in. So, for your knowledge some of the common mediums by which PC threats infiltrates in to the computer system are mentioned below –
- Visiting malicious websites and clicking suspicious links on it.
- Opening malicious and infected email attachments.
- Downloading freeware and shareware stuffs from unsafe sites.
- Using infected removal storage devices.
- Using infected Network Drives.
- Attacks from executable code scripts.
- And several others.
How to remove DefaultTabSearch.exe Virus from PC Effectively?
To overcome browser hijacker DefaultTabSearch.exe virus, you should follow the removal guide steps which is given below as quickly as possible otherwise it may cause serious damage to your system, by deleting important files and can steal your personal information. To avoid installation of free software Internet users should always pay close attention. There are two removal methods- Manual and Automatic. Manual removal method is time consuming process which also not provides 100% success and you should know each and every step to remove this software; therefore you must use automatic removal method by downloading the program given below. It is a time saving process that removes all the traces of DefaultTabSearch.exe virus and optimizes the speed and performance of your pc. So it is recommended to remove DefaultTabSearch.exe virus as immediate as you can.
To view complete installation, check out Installation Guide!
Follow the below mentioned steps or guide to get rid of DefaultTabSearch.exe Virus from Windows system manually –
Step 1 – Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and type ‘about:config’ in URL bar and hit ‘Enter’.
- Enter ‘keyword.URL’ in the search box, right click and select ‘Modify’.
- Reset this parameter by leaving the box empty or setting something different from what it set.
- Next enter ‘browser.search.defaultenginename’ in the search box and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- Now type ‘browser.search.selectedEngine’ in the search box and reset it to something different from what is set
- Last but not the least, search for ‘browser.newtab.url’ and modify it to ‘about:newtab’.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Step 2 – Remove from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on ‘Wrench’ or ‘Bar’ icon in the top right corner.
- Choose ‘Settings’ > ‘Search’ > ‘Manage Search Engines’.
- Next select your preferred search engine and click on ‘Make Default’.
- Restart browser after completion.
Step 3 – Remove from Internet Explorer
- Start the IE and select ‘Tools’ (from Top Menu) > ‘Internet Option’.
- Click ‘General’ tab > ‘Change Search Defaults’ > ‘Settings’.
- Now select your preferred provider and click ‘Set as default’.
- Restart browser.
How to Protect PC from Future Malware Attacks?
You should always take good care of your Windows system because it is something that you use on a daily basis and you want it to be healthy and work properly. So, to avoid any future intrusions from any malware you must follow or take some precautions to avoid cyber attacks and keep PC safe and healthy. Some very useful PC protection tips are mentioned here below –
- First of all, always update the security program you are using on a regular basis like its virus definition and program version.
- Avoid clicking any suspicious links of any un-trusted websites.
- Avoid downloading stuffs like free programs, audio/video codec’s etc. from torrents or sites.
- Use a powerful Firewall to block any incoming connections from malicious hosts.
- Before using any secondary storage device scan it properly for any traces of virus infections.
- Always keep your confidential stuffs password protected using combination of normal and special characters.