Keepvid.com is a malicious browser hijacker that usually comes from unsafe download, malicious links and many others. It is a very vicious threat that is installed automatically on your PC. Once it is executed, it changes the browser setting and homepage with its address for gaining more traffic and getting benefits from victims. Keepvid.com seems like a genuine search engine specialized in streaming and downloading videos. Your every search result will be redirected to its address or other malicious websites and when you open browser or a new tab, you will see that your homepage has been modified with keepvid.com. It can infect Mozilla, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and other browsers and modify your DNS setting. This threat will generate several annoying pop ups while you will surf the web. Besides, hackers can use it to steal your personal details and information to perform some critical tasks. It is also able to increase your CPU usage without running any extra processes. As a result, your browser and internet settings will be changed and redirect search results, your PC will run slowly and sluggishly with degraded performance, you will see several commercial unwanted pop-ups and adverts and so on. So, this can be very dangerous for your PC and you should remove keepvid.com immediately.
Symptoms of Keepvid.com attack!
- Your Google, Yahoo and other search results will be redirected.
- Your browser and internet settings will be changed and redirect search results.
- Your PC will encounter issues while starting and shutting it down.
- You may see several commercial unwanted pop-ups and adverts.
- Your critical and valuable data might get steal and send to cyber criminals.
- And so on.
How keepvid.com Enters into the PC!
It is actually not certain how this malware gets into the computer system particularly. If it takes the help of any method to intrude in to any particular PC then you can’t be sure it will do the same for others. Since it does not requires any kind of administrator permission to get inside, so it is really hard to find how it gains entry into the PC. Some of common intrusion methods include –
- Taking the help of some sneaky Trojans, viruses and other malware’s.
- Downloading email attachments containing infected codes or malicious stuffs.
- Downloading free stuffs like movies, codec’s, videos etc. from un-trusted or malicious websites.
- Visiting any adult/porn, infected or malicious websites.
- Clicking links of pop-ups and ads which are malicious in nature.
- Through peer to peer file sharing tools.
- And many more.
How to Remove keepvid.com from PC Completely!
Keepvid.com is very difficult to remove manually because it affects the DNS settings and Windows host file. Besides, it infects the registry so that it can be started automatically every time when you start your computer. So, you better try the automatic method to remove this infection. There is a tool provided below which can scan automatically all of your hard drives in order to uninstall keepvid.com permanently. So, without wasting any more time, just download this free application and run a scan of your PC to get rid of keepvid.com completely. It will also help you to optimize your PC performance.
To view complete installation process, check out Installation Guide!
Manual removal methods of keepvid.com tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below :
Step 1 – Start your Windows system and keep pressing ‘F8’ button on your keyboard until Windows Advanced Option menu shows up. Then select the ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ option from the list and press ‘Enter’.
Step 2 – Delete keepvid.com files from PC:
- Click Windows Start menu & then click “Search.”
- A pop up will ask, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders”
- Type a badware file name in the search box, and select “Local Hard Drives”
- Click “Search” and wait till all badware files are found.
- Once you get them simply delete them.
Step 3 – Stop the related processes –
- Click the Start menu, select Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe into the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- Click Processes tab, and find badware processes.
- Once you’ve found the badware processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill badware.
Step 4 – Remove registry keys –
- Click the Start menu, and click “Run.” An “Open” field will appear. Type “regedit” and click “OK ” to open up your Registry Editor. In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.
- Registry Editor opens as a two-paned window: the left side lets you select registry keys,the right side shows the values of any selected registry key.
- To find a badware registry key, select “Edit,” then select “Find,” and in the search bar type any of badware ‘s registry keys.
- When the badware registry key appears, to delete the badware registry key, right-click it, and select “Modify,” then select “Delete.”
Step 5 – Delete related DLL files –
- Open the Start menu, and click “Run” Type “cmd” in Run, and click “OK.” (In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.)
- To change your current directory, type “cd” in the command box, press “Space,” and enter the full directory where the badware DLL is located. If you’re not sure where the badware DLL is located, enter “dir” in the command box to display a directory’s contents. To go one directory back, type “cd ..” in the command box and press “Enter.”
- When you’ve found a badware DLL, type “regsvr32 /u AnyDLLName.dll” (e.g., “regsvr32 /u jl27script.dll”) and press “Enter.”
Remove settings manually created by keepvid.com.
NOTE: To represent keepvid.com, we used the term ‘Unknown’. Be aware that keepvid.com may also use other names or terms.
Step 1 – Start Internet Explorer, navigate to Tools (on top menu) > Internet Options.
Step 2 – Now in General tabs, look for the area says Search and click on Settings button.
Step 3 – From the list of search providers, select your preferred search provider and click on Set as default to replace keepvid.com.
Step 4 – You can also remove keepvid.com from the list by selecting and clicking Remove button.
Step 1 – Launch Google Chrome and click the Wrench icon on top right corner of the browser.
Step 2 – After that click on Settings to open a window. Find the area saying Search in the mid section of the page and click on Manage search engines.
Step 3 – Then mouse-over to the preferred search engine and click Make default.
Step 4 – You can also remove keepvid.com from there by clicking X mark which will appear when you will hover the mouse pointer over it.
Step 1 – Launch Mozilla, click the arrow down on Google Search box right beside the ‘G’ logo.
Step 2 – Then click on Manage Search Engines from the drop-down list to view all search engines installed.
Step 3 – Choose your preferred default search provider and place it at first spot by clicking Move up button.
Step 4 – You can also remove keepvid.com by highlighting it and clicking Remove button.