MixiDJ is software which is used to create youtube video play-list and shared them through the social networking sites. It is not a virus and is not related to malware, but this software installs unwanted program (browser add-on) on user’s computer called MixiDJ Toolbar which causes browser redirects to mixidj.delta-search.com without any permission. It affects your computer settings; change your browser homepage, new tab page and default search engine against your will. It uses insecure way to enter in your computer and track your browser history, user name and password. Once it is downloaded it will change your proxy settings, cache data and might affect your database. It also provides unwanted advertisements and unusual security message to increase the risk. As MixiDJ Toolbar look likes other reputed Toolbar, normal users think it is useful and let it be in their system. But it is not true, it will slow down your system by each and every mean by redirecting your browser to Mixidj.delta-search.com every time to make revenue more and more when ever you entered an invalid address or perform a search, it will provide a predefined web page instead of default web page. They even don’t provide the uninstall feature and hide it from the user, so that it can not be removed easily. AS a result the trouble increase day by day and it will affect your system very badly, after analyzing we can say that mxidj.delta-search.com redirect has no beneficial purposes and shouldn’t remain on your computer. So it is recommended that you better try to remove MixiDJ Toolbar from PC as quick as possible.
Harmful Characteristics of MixiDJ Toolbar!
- Your critical and valuable data might get steal and send to cyber criminals.
- Your Google, Yahoo and other search results will be redirected.
- You will see several commercial unwanted pop-ups and adverts.
- Your PC will encounter issues while starting and shutting it down.
- Your browser and internet settings will be changed and redirect search results.
- And so on.
How MixiDJ Toolbar Spreads?
It is actually not certain how this malware gets into the computer system particularly. If it takes the help of any method to intrude in to any particular PC then you can’t be sure it will do the same for others. Since it does not requires any kind of administrator permission to get inside, so it is really hard to find how it gains entry into the PC. Some of common intrusion methods include –
- Downloading free stuffs like movies, codec’s, videos etc. from un-trusted or malicious websites.
- Through peer to peer file sharing tools.
- Clicking links of pop-ups and ads which are malicious in nature.
- Taking the help of some sneaky Trojans, viruses and other malware’s.
- Downloading email attachments containing infected codes or malicious stuffs.
- And many more.
How to remove MixiDJ Toolbar?
MixiDJ Toolbar Removal is not an easy process. To overcome with this problem of browser redirect to unwanted destination pages we recommend two removal procedures. First is Automatic removal and second Manual removal. Manual removal of MixiDJ Toolbar is time consuming process. Under this process first you have to understand what the problem is and which files and entries to be removed from the windows registry and system directories. Even after that you can’t ensure all the traces of MixiDJ is completely removed from the system. Therefore it is advised that you better try the automatic removal method by downloading the file provided below which makes your work very easy and time saving. It will remove all the traces of MixiDJ Toolbar from the computer system. In addition it will also optimize the performance of your PC and make it to work faster with improved speed. So it is recommended to remove MixiDJ Toolbar as soon as possible.
To view complete installation,check out Installation Guide.
Manual removal methods of mixidj.delta-search.com tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below :
Step 1 – Start your Windows system and keep pressing ‘F8’ button on your keyboard until Windows Advanced Option menu shows up. Then select the ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ option from the list and press ‘Enter’.
Step 2 – Delete mixidj.delta-search.com files from PC:
- Click Windows Start menu & then click “Search.”
- A pop up will ask, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders”
- Type a badware file name in the search box, and select “Local Hard Drives”
- Click “Search” and wait till all badware files are found.
- Once you get them simply delete them.
Step 3 – Stop the related processes –
- Click the Start menu, select Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe into the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- Click Processes tab, and find badware processes.
- Once you’ve found the badware processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill badware.
Step 4 – Remove registry keys –
- Click the Start menu, and click “Run.” An “Open” field will appear. Type “regedit” and click “OK ” to open up your Registry Editor. In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.
- Registry Editor opens as a two-paned window: the left side lets you select registry keys,the right side shows the values of any selected registry key.
- To find a badware registry key, select “Edit,” then select “Find,” and in the search bar type any of badware ‘s registry keys.
- When the badware registry key appears, to delete the badware registry key, right-click it, and select “Modify,” then select “Delete.”
Step 5 – Delete related DLL files –
- Open the Start menu, and click “Run” Type “cmd” in Run, and click “OK.” (In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.)
- To change your current directory, type “cd” in the command box, press “Space,” and enter the full directory where the badware DLL is located. If you’re not sure where the badware DLL is located, enter “dir” in the command box to display a directory’s contents. To go one directory back, type “cd ..” in the command box and press “Enter.”
- When you’ve found a badware DLL, type “regsvr32 /u AnyDLLName.dll” (e.g., “regsvr32 /u jl27script.dll”) and press “Enter.”
Remove settings manually created by mixidj.delta-search.com.
NOTE: To represent mixidj.delta-search.com, we used the term ‘Unknown’. Be aware that mixidj.delta-search.com may also use other names or terms.
Step 1 – Start Internet Explorer, navigate to Tools (on top menu) > Internet Options.
Step 2 – Now in General tabs, look for the area says Search and click on Settings button.
Step 3 – From the list of search providers, select your preferred search provider and click on Set as default to replace mixidj.delta-search.com.
Step 4 – You can also remove mixidj.delta-search.com from the list by selecting and clicking Remove button.
Step 1 – Launch Google Chrome and click the Wrench icon on top right corner of the browser.
Step 2 – After that click on Settings to open a window. Find the area saying Search in the mid section of the page and click on Manage search engines.
Step 3 – Then mouse-over to the preferred search engine and click Make default.
Step 4 – You can also remove mixidj.delta-search.com from there by clicking X mark which will appear when you will hover the mouse pointer over it.
Step 1 – Launch Mozilla, click the arrow down on Google Search box right beside the ‘G’ logo.
Step 2 – Then click on Manage Search Engines from the drop-down list to view all search engines installed.
Step 3 – Choose your preferred default search provider and place it at first spot by clicking Move up button.
Step 4 – You can also remove mixidj.delta-search.com by highlighting it and clicking Remove button.