Goong.info is a typical malware which is categorized as browser hijacker program and it is promoted by third party software collecting money from paid advertises. As this virus secretly enters into your system, it starts modify your default browser settings and it appears itself as your homepage in a form of search engine. And it is compatible with any of your web browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox. Once it is loaded into your infected system, you will find that your searching on Google always redirects you to related sites instead of search results from Google. This redirect virus, redirect you to undesired or malicious websites which may further contains advertisements ads and pop-ups which are not trusted. Also when opening a new tab, Goong.info appears automatically in users screen. And this malware seems to be an alternative search option left for you but in reality it is a fake program. Moreover, it may show annoying commercial advertisements to earn money or they can be involved in dangerous activities such as collecting personal user data for hackers, spreading scam-wares and distributing fake products. So it is recommended for you to remove Goong.info from windows system as soon as possible.
Symptoms of Goong.info that can harm PC!
It is really hard to find from where this threat sneaks into the PC. You can only confirm its presence in your PC once you identify its symptoms. Some of them are mentioned here below –
- Browser and internet settings will be altered without your knowledge.
- Search results will be redirected to unknown websites which are malicious in nature.
- You will notice several unwanted and commercial pop-ups and advertisements in a row.
- Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search results will be redirected to suspicious sites.
- Your PC resources will be compromised and certain functions will be disabled.
- Using security or privacy breaches it exploits the system vulnerabilities and try to act as a bridge for other malware.
- It may mess up with your privacy settings and may steal your personal files or information.
- You will find issues in running or executing some of your programs in your PC.
- It will slow down the PC while starting up, playing online games, surfing internet and performing other tasks.
- It will resist most of the procedures and methods of its removal or elimination.
- Constant annoying ads and fake alerts will convince you to buy their useless product.
How Goong.info Enters into Windows System?
You usually protect your PC using powerful antivirus programs and also update Firewall on a regular basis for its protection. But still malicious infections like Goong.info easily bypass your security system. The question here rises is “How these infections enter into the PC”? Well, the exact answer of this question is still a nightmare for the common people because cyber criminals use different-different advanced techniques to find and exploit the loopholes in your system and find an easy way of get in. So, for your knowledge some of the common mediums by which PC threats infiltrates in to the computer system are mentioned below
- Opening malicious and infected email attachments.
- Downloading freeware and shareware stuffs from unsafe sites.
- Visiting malicious websites and clicking suspicious links on it.
- Using infected Network Drives.
- Attacks from executable code scripts.
- Using infected removal storage devices.
- And several others.
How to remove Goong.info from your PC?
Goong.info can be installed on your computer without your permission or users may install it from its site mistakenly. This Malware is a critical threat to remove as it comes with compromised websites and spam email etc, installed itself in system without user knowledge. It wont provide any removal link also. And regularly provide you fake alerts that your system is in risk with dangerous malware, it is necessary to remove this fake antivirus software. We provide two removal processes manual or automatic removal process. Manual process is time consuming and may not remove all the traces of this fake antivirus, it is better to try Automatic removal process just by downloading the program given below and make your system free from this rogue and will also optimize your system speed and performance. So remove Goong.info malware as fast as you can and make your system free from this dangerous rogue.
When my System got affected with Goong.info, it Causes frequent web redirects to malicious websites, hijacks search engine settings and leads to unexpected webpage. Then I get to know about this Malware Scanner. John Thomas, Alaska.
It is really a stubborn add-on I have ever deal with. I tried all the manual steps given below and thought I have successfully removed it from PC, but when I restarted my PC it returned again. Thanks your Goong.info Malware Scanner that has really helped me out. Elena Clarke, Austria.
Effective Way to Remove Goong.info from PC Manually!
Follow the below mentioned steps or guide to get rid of Goong.info from Windows system manually
Step 1 Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and type about:config in URL bar and hit Enter.
- Enter keyword.URL in the search box, right click and select Modify.
- Reset this parameter by leaving the box empty or setting something different from what it set.
- Next enter browser.search.defaultenginename in the search box and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- Now type browser.search.selectedEngine in the search box and reset it to something different from what is set
- Last but not the least, search for browser.newtab.url and modify it to about:newtab.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Step 2 Remove from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on Wrench or Bar icon in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings > Search > Manage Search Engines.
- Next select your preferred search engine and click on Make Default.
- Restart browser after completion.
Step 3 Remove from Internet Explorer
- Start the IE and select Tools (from Top Menu) > Internet Option.
- Click General tab > Change Search Defaults > Settings.
- Now select your preferred provider and click Set as default.
- Restart browser.
Prevention ways to Avoid Future Malware Attacks!
You always want your system work smoothly and properly, and for that you take good care of it. Here are few tips that help you to avoid disturbance from any malware program. Follow the instruction to avoid the future Cyber attacks and keep your PC safe forever. They are mentioned below –
- Always update security program like antivirus program version and virus definition on regular basis.
- Use updated Firewall protection to block any incoming connections from malicious hosts.
- Avoid browsing any unsafe website.
- Never try to click on any suspicious links.
- Before opening any email attachment, properly check it especially when it is in junk folder.
- Try to avoid downloading any free programs from suspicious sites or torrents.
- While you are using any other removal storage device, scan it properly.
- Make password protected your confidential stuffs using strong combination of characters and numbers.