Dogpile.com is a browser hijacker that comes from malicious websites, Trojan or you can install it by yourself unknowingly. Once installed, it hijacks your browser and changes your browser settings and rewrites home page to dogpile.com by modifying the Windows host file and DNS settings. When you open your browser, you will see that your browser home page has been changed to dogpile.com and thousands of pop ups and ads will appear while you surfing the web. If you click on those pop ups you will be redirected to unexpected websites which also contain more ads and malicious threats like spyware, adware, malware and many others. It can infect Mozilla, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and others. It can also record your browsing activities and record your personal data and information like bank account details, credit card details, online transaction and many more to perform some illegal tasks. As a result, your browser and internet settings will be changed and redirect search results, your PC will run slowly and sluggishly with degraded performance, you may see several commercial unwanted pop-ups and ads and many more. So, it is a very critical threat and you should remove Dogpile.com browser hijacker immediately from your PC.
Dogpile.com Browser Hijacker Screenshot!
Lethal Characteristics of Dogpile.com!
- Your browser and internet settings will be changed and redirect search results.
- Your Google, Yahoo and other search results will be redirected.
- Your PC will encounter issues while starting and shutting it down.
- Your critical and valuable data might get steal and send to cyber criminals.
- You may see several commercial unwanted pop-ups and adverts.
- And many more.
How to Remove Dogpile.com Browser Hijacker Effectively!
Dogpile.com is very difficult to remove manually because it affects the DNS settings and Windows host file. Besides, it infects the registry so that it can be started automatically every time you start your computer. So, you better try the automatic method to remove this infection. There is a tool provided below which can scan automatically your hard drives in order to uninstall Dogpile.com permanently. So, without wasting any more time, just download this free application and run a scan of your PC to get rid of Dogpile.com completely. It also helps to optimize your PC performance.
To view complete installation process, check out Installation Guide!
Manual removal methods of Dogpile.com tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below :
Step 1 – Start your Windows system and keep pressing ‘F8’ button on your keyboard until Windows Advanced Option menu shows up. Then select the ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ option from the list and press ‘Enter’.
Step 2 – Delete Dogpile.com files from PC:
- Click Windows Start menu & then click “Search.”
- A pop up will ask, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders”
- Type a badware file name in the search box, and select “Local Hard Drives”
- Click “Search” and wait till all badware files are found.
- Once you get them simply delete them.
Step 3 – Stop the related processes –
- Click the Start menu, select Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe into the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- Click Processes tab, and find badware processes.
- Once you’ve found the badware processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill badware.
Step 4 – Remove registry keys –
- Click the Start menu, and click “Run.” An “Open” field will appear. Type “regedit” and click “OK ” to open up your Registry Editor. In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.
- Registry Editor opens as a two-paned window: the left side lets you select registry keys,the right side shows the values of any selected registry key.
- To find a badware registry key, select “Edit,” then select “Find,” and in the search bar type any of badware ‘s registry keys.
- When the badware registry key appears, to delete the badware registry key, right-click it, and select “Modify,” then select “Delete.”
Step 5 – Delete related DLL files –
- Open the Start menu, and click “Run” Type “cmd” in Run, and click “OK.” (In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.)
- To change your current directory, type “cd” in the command box, press “Space,” and enter the full directory where the badware DLL is located. If you’re not sure where the badware DLL is located, enter “dir” in the command box to display a directory’s contents. To go one directory back, type “cd ..” in the command box and press “Enter.”
- When you’ve found a badware DLL, type “regsvr32 /u AnyDLLName.dll” (e.g., “regsvr32 /u jl27script.dll”) and press “Enter.”
Remove settings manually created by Dogpile.com.
NOTE: To represent Dogpile.com, we used the term ‘Unknown’. Be aware that Dogpile.com may also use other names or terms.
Step 1 – Start Internet Explorer, navigate to Tools (on top menu) > Internet Options.
Step 2 – Now in General tabs, look for the area says Search and click on Settings button.
Step 3 – From the list of search providers, select your preferred search provider and click on Set as default to replace Dogpile.com.
Step 4 – You can also remove Dogpile.com from the list by selecting and clicking Remove button.
Step 1 – Launch Google Chrome and click the Wrench icon on top right corner of the browser.
Step 2 – After that click on Settings to open a window. Find the area saying Search in the mid section of the page and click on Manage search engines.
Step 3 – Then mouse-over to the preferred search engine and click Make default.
Step 4 – You can also remove Dogpile.com from there by clicking X mark which will appear when you will hover the mouse pointer over it.
Step 1 – Launch Mozilla, click the arrow down on Google Search box right beside the ‘G’ logo.
Step 2 – Then click on Manage Search Engines from the drop-down list to view all search engines installed.
Step 3 – Choose your preferred default search provider and place it at first spot by clicking Move up button.
Step 4 – You can also remove Dogpile.com by highlighting it and clicking Remove button.