Your Computer is Locked Survey Scam – How to Remove Your Computer is Locked Survey!
What is Your Computer is Locked Survey?
Your Computer is Locked Survey is malicious ransomware which is actually created by Cyber criminals with the purpose of tricking unsuspecting innocent PC users and demand them to pay some money using cashU as a fine. This fake message presents deceptive claims that computer was blocked due to watching pornography or for using pirated music and video files. This message is a total scam and User should not trust on this Scam. Computer users should understand that neither of the authority or organization around the world are using such computer screen blocking messages to collect fines for any law violations. This ransomware viruses are localized – computer users from different countries would see this messages presented in their local language moreover it would appear as if it was send by local authorities or organizations. For example computer users from USA would see this message as if it was send by FBI Cybercrime Division, or by The United States Department of Justice. If you see this message asking you to pay a fine using cashU you can be sure that your computer is infected with this malware. So it is necessary for you to remove Your Computer is Locked Survey from your PC as soon as quick.
Harmful Properties of Your Computer is Locked Survey!
Intrusion methods of this threat are really very tricky and is really hard to identify. Once it gets into the computer system it badly affects its performance and make it to work really very slow and sluggish. It even deactivates PC protection tool and posses several such damaging properties. Some of them are summed up here below
- Locks the computer system and doesnt unlock it unless ransom money is paid.
- Gradually slows down the PC performance and network accessibility.
- Blocks all accessibilities to the infected computer system.
- Intelligently finds the loopholes in the PC and paves path for other harmful infections to intrude.
- All the PCs resources will be compromised and will also disable its certain functions.
- Will display the ransom error message every now and then to pay the ransom money.
- Windows system utilities like Registry Editor, Task Manager and others will be disabled.
- You may notice changed desktop background and unknown strange icons in place of actual ones.
- Will make the computer using experience really very annoying, disturbing and frustrating.
How Your Computer is Locked Survey invades to the Windows Systems?
Mostly people use antivirus programs and updated Firewall for secure protection of their PC. But still some of the malicious programs like Your Computer is Locked Survey easily enters in to your system to harm it. What are the ways through which they invade security system of PC is still on count because cyber criminals always find new ways for that and we became victim of that. But for the knowledge of common users, here are some of the popular methods through which malicious program enters –
- Malicious and infected email attachments.
- Downloading infected freeware and shareware stuffs.
- Clicking on suspicious links.
- Visiting malicious websites.
- Using infected Network Drives.
- Executable code scripts attacks.
- Use of virus attacked removal storage devices.
- And many more.
How to Remove Your Computer is Locked Survey from Your PC Completely!
As this rogue install itself with third party software, it is difficult to remove it from your system. There are two removal methods though – manual removal method and automatic removal method. Manual removal method is not best choice for this task, as it is too time consuming and also unable to remove all the traces of threat completely. So it better to try the automatic removal method by downloading the file provided below, it is time saving and will easily remove all the traces of this threat from your system. In addition it will also optimize the performance of your PC and make it to work faster with improved speed. So at last, what are waiting forremove Your Computer is Locked Survey as soon as possible?
How to Remove Your Computer is Locked Survey from PC using Manual Methods?
Manual removal methods of this ransomware tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below
Step 1 Start your Windows system and keep pressing F8 button on your keyboard until Windows Advanced Option menu shows up. Then select the Safe Mode with Command Prompt option from the list and press Enter.
Step 2 In the opened command prompt type explorer and press Enter to open the explorer windows.
Step 3 Now in the command prompt type regedit and press Enter.
Step 4 In registry editor window navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon
Step 5 In the right side of the window locate Shell and click on it. Now click on Modify. Its default value is Explorer.exe, if you see something else, then remove it and type Explorer.exe on it. If something else is written on it then use that information to navigate to the rogue executable and remove it.
Step 6 Then restart your PC and download the file mentioned below and perform full system scan to eliminate Your Computer is Locked Survey from PC.
How to Protect PC from Future Malware Attacks?
You should always take good care of your Windows system because it is something that you use on a daily basis and you want it to be healthy and work properly. So, to avoid any future intrusions from any malware you must follow or take some precautions to avoid cyber attacks and keep PC safe and healthy. Some very useful PC protection tips are mentioned here below
- First of all, always update the security program you are using on a regular basis like its virus definition and program version.
- Avoid clicking any suspicious links of any un-trusted websites.
- Check email attachments before opening it especially if they are of spam mails.
- Try not to click or open any malicious advertisements from any social or unsafe websites.
- Avoid downloading stuffs like free programs, audio/video codecs etc. from torrents or sites.
- Use a powerful Firewall to block any incoming connections from malicious hosts.
- Before using any secondary storage device scan it properly for any traces of virus infections.
- Always keep your confidential stuffs password protected using combination of normal and special characters.