www.basicseek.com Browser Hijacker Complete Removal Guide!
www.basicseek.com is a critical browser hijacker that usually comes from malicious software downloads, infected links and many others. It can easily escape from the antivirus protection. Once installed, it will immediately change the browser setting and modify homepage to www.basicseek.com. For that, when you will open your browser, you will see that your home page has been changed automatically. When you will search anything using this infected site, your search result will be redirected to some unwanted websites which contain other malicious threat by which your computer can be infected easily. At the same time, it will generate thousands of pop ups and ads. If you click on those ads, you will be redirected to unexpected websites that will display many exciting paid advertisements to rip your money. In addition, it can also track your personal valuable details like credit card information, online transactions and many more and deliver to its creator. Besides, it is also able to open backdoor of your system and introduce malicious threats to your computer. As a result, your browser and internet settings will be changed and redirect search results, your personal and valuable data might get stolen and send to cyber criminals, you may see several commercial unwanted pop-ups and adverts and so on. All in all, it is a very dangerous threat and you should remove www.basicseek.com browser hijacker immediately from your PC.
www.basicseek.com Browser Hijacker Screenshot!
Attack Symptoms of www.basicseek.com Browser Hijacker!
- Your Google, Yahoo and other search results will be redirected.
- Your browser and internet settings will be changed and redirect search results.
- You may see several commercial unwanted pop-ups and adverts.
- Your PC will encounter issues while starting and shutting it down.
- Your critical and valuable data might get steal and send to cyber criminals.
- And many more.
How to remove www.basicseek.com browser hijacker from PC effectively!
www.basicseek.com is very complicated to remove manually for its critical nature of escaping from antivirus protection. Besides, it changes the browser setting which cannot be set back by manual process. So, it is recommended that you try the automatic method to remove this threat permanently. There is an automatic tool provided below which is able to uninstall www.basicseek.com completely. It automatically scans the hard drives to remove all the traces of this threat. So, without wasting any more time, just download this application and run a free scan of your PC to get rid of www.basicseek.com browser hijacker completely. It will also help to improve your PC performance.
To view complete installation process, check out Installation Guide!
Manual removal methods of www.basicseek.com tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below :
Step 1 – Start your Windows system and keep pressing ‘F8’ button on your keyboard until Windows Advanced Option menu shows up. Then select the ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ option from the list and press ‘Enter’.
Step 2 – Delete www.basicseek.com files from PC:
- Click Windows Start menu & then click “Search.”
- A pop up will ask, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders”
- Type a badware file name in the search box, and select “Local Hard Drives”
- Click “Search” and wait till all badware files are found.
- Once you get them simply delete them.
Step 3 – Stop the related processes –
- Click the Start menu, select Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe into the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- Click Processes tab, and find badware processes.
- Once you’ve found the badware processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill badware.
Step 4 – Remove registry keys –
- Click the Start menu, and click “Run.” An “Open” field will appear. Type “regedit” and click “OK ” to open up your Registry Editor. In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.
- Registry Editor opens as a two-paned window: the left side lets you select registry keys,the right side shows the values of any selected registry key.
- To find a badware registry key, select “Edit,” then select “Find,” and in the search bar type any of badware ‘s registry keys.
- When the badware registry key appears, to delete the badware registry key, right-click it, and select “Modify,” then select “Delete.”
Step 5 – Delete related DLL files –
- Open the Start menu, and click “Run” Type “cmd” in Run, and click “OK.” (In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.)
- To change your current directory, type “cd” in the command box, press “Space,” and enter the full directory where the badware DLL is located. If you’re not sure where the badware DLL is located, enter “dir” in the command box to display a directory’s contents. To go one directory back, type “cd ..” in the command box and press “Enter.”
- When you’ve found a badware DLL, type “regsvr32 /u AnyDLLName.dll” (e.g., “regsvr32 /u jl27script.dll”) and press “Enter.”
Remove settings manually created by www.basicseek.com.
NOTE: To represent www.basicseek.com, we used the term ‘Unknown’. Be aware that www.basicseek.com may also use other names or terms.
Step 1 – Start Internet Explorer, navigate to Tools (on top menu) > Internet Options.
Step 2 – Now in General tabs, look for the area says Search and click on Settings button.
Step 3 – From the list of search providers, select your preferred search provider and click on Set as default to replace www.basicseek.com.
Step 4 – You can also remove www.basicseek.com from the list by selecting and clicking Remove button.
Step 1 – Launch Google Chrome and click the Wrench icon on top right corner of the browser.
Step 2 – After that click on Settings to open a window. Find the area saying Search in the mid section of the page and click on Manage search engines.
Step 3 – Then mouse-over to the preferred search engine and click Make default.
Step 4 – You can also remove www.basicseek.com from there by clicking X mark which will appear when you will hover the mouse pointer over it.
Step 1 – Launch Mozilla, click the arrow down on Google Search box right beside the ‘G’ logo.
Step 2 – Then click on Manage Search Engines from the drop-down list to view all search engines installed.
Step 3 – Choose your preferred default search provider and place it at first spot by clicking Move up button.
Step 4 – You can also remove www.basicseek.com by highlighting it and clicking Remove button.