Remove LessTabs Adware [Complete Working Solution]!
What is LessTabs Adware?
LessTabs is a browser extension which improves browsing experience of a user, it provides information about the highlighted text in the same browser tab, there is no requirement of opening another additional tab. It works in simple way, as user highlight the text, it provide a pop-up window with the thesaurus, translations, Wikipedia and other search result for the text. This additional functionality of LessTabs may seem to be useful but many computer users say that this browser extension is an adware program. This add-on program enters in system silently without user concern bundles with free software downloaded from internet, most of the users get this extension program unwanted and uses unwillingly. It provide unwanted pop-up ads and other content that the user don’t want to see, once it installed in a system it will display banner, pop-up, pop-up under, search, interstitial and in-text ads while visiting several websites. It is not a virus but act as an adware by providing unwanted content in the browser; it also utilizes a lot system space that can degrade your system speed and performance. So, it is advised to remove LessTabs adware program from your windows system as soon as possible.
Screenshot of LessTabs!
Harmful Symptoms of LessTabs adware!
Intrusion methods of this threat are extremely tricky and are really hard to identify. Once it gets into the computer system it badly affects its performance and makes it to work terribly slow and sluggish. It even deactivates PC protection tool and posses many such damaging properties. Some of them are summed up here below –
- Displays lots of annoying ads, commercial pop-ups, fake error message and alerts.
- Takes advantage of the system vulnerabilities and makes way for other malicious infections.
- It presents itself as a toolbar in the Internet browsers.
- Intelligently tracks online behavior and Internet activity of the user.
- Degrades PC performance and speed several folds and makes it to work in a slothful manner.
- May intrude into the PC with dangerous privacy-invasive software and spyware’s.
- It may steal your valuable personal data and compromises security of the PC.
- Victims may find it difficult to remove it from their PC and browser as it resists most of its elimination methods.
- Get installs in the victims PC automatically without their consent.
How LessTabs adware Enters into Windows System?
You usually protect your PC using powerful antivirus programs and also update Firewall on a regular basis for its protection. But still malicious infections like LessTabs adware easily bypass your security system. The question here rises is “How these infections enter into the PC”? Well, the exact answer of this question is still a nightmare for the common people because cyber criminals use different-different advanced techniques to find and exploit the loopholes in your system and find an easy way of get in. So, for your knowledge some of the common mediums by which PC threats infiltrates in to the computer system are mentioned below –
- Opening malicious and infected email attachments.
- Attacks from executable code scripts.
- Downloading freeware and shareware stuffs from unsafe sites.
- Using infected Network Drives.
- Visiting malicious websites and clicking suspicious links on it.
- Using infected removal storage devices.
How to remove LessTabs adware?
LessTabs is a browser extension program that comes under adware category, it is a useful plug-in but some of its activity can harm you computer system, as it enters in computer system without user knowledge and changes some of system default settings, it also provide unwanted pop-up ads and other content. This browser add-on must be removed soon to keep system safe and secure. We provide two removal process which can eliminate this browser plug-in, Manual removal process and Automatic removal process. Manual removal process is time consuming and required lot of technical skills to manually find all the traces of extension program and remove it completely from system. So we prefer you to use Automatic removal process, just by downloading the software given below and start scanning your system, it is a time saving process that also not required much user effort and automatically remove all the traces of this adware and also optimize the speed and performance of your PC. So, it is recommended to remove LessTabs adware from your system as soon as possible.
To view complete installation, check out Installation Guide!
Follow the below mentioned steps or guide to get rid of LessTabs adware from Windows system manually –
Step 1 - Uninstall LessTabs adware Program
- Go to ‘Start’ > ‘Control Panel’ > ‘Add or Remove Programs’.
- Scroll down the program list to find and highlight “LessTabs adware” and click ‘Remove’.
- Also look for “MagicPic” and “Toolbar on IE and Chrome” items, highlight and remove them.
Step 2 – Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox, go to ‘Tools’ (in top menu) > ‘Add-ons’ > ‘Extensions’.
- Then find and select “LessTabs adware” and remove it from list.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Step 3 – Remove from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on ‘Wrench’ or ‘Bar’ icon in the top right corner.
- Select ‘Settings’ > ‘Extensions’ from the drop down list.
- Next find and delete/disable LessTabs adware add-ons.
- Restart the browser.
Step 4 – Remove from Internet Explorer
- Start IE, click ‘Tools’ (in top menu) > ‘Manage add-ons’.
- Now choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and find & remove add-on and programs related to this threat.
- Restart browser on completion of steps.
How to Protect PC from Future Malware Attacks?
You should always take good care of your Windows system because it is something that you use on a daily basis and you want it to be healthy and work properly. So, to avoid any future intrusions from any malware you must follow or take some precautions to avoid cyber attacks and keep PC safe and healthy. Some very useful PC protection tips are mentioned here below –
- First of all, always update the security program you are using on a regular basis like its virus definition and program version.
- Avoid downloading stuffs like free programs, audio/video codec’s etc. from torrents or sites.
- Check email attachments before opening it especially if they are of spam mails.
- Try not to click or open any malicious advertisements from any social or unsafe websites.
- Before using any secondary storage device scan it properly for any traces of virus infections.
- Use a powerful Firewall to block any incoming connections from malicious hosts.
- Avoid clicking any suspicious links of any un-trusted websites.
- Always keep your confidential stuffs password protected using combination of normal and special characters.