Remove GiftHulk Virus from Browsers – Best Solution to Remove Search.gifthulk.com Hijacker!
About GiftHulk Hijacker!
GiftHulk is categorized as a notorious browser hijacker which is used by cyber criminals to promote their own network domain to earn money. It claims to be better search engine that provides you accurate information on internet but in reality it is not true. This virus can be installed to any of your popular browser like Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer without user permission and knowledge. As soon as it gets loaded on your computer, it changes your browser settings and then it redirects your search results and home page to GiftHulk search engine instead of Google and other default links. Moreover domain has logos of Google and other popular websites but unlike Google and other legit websites, GiftHulk displays commercial ads and SPAM content, and that it is the actual target of this virus. Once your system is affected with this malware you will notice that whenever you search on Google it redirects search results and web links to its search engine or other websites related its own network domain only. And this type of unwanted redirects may lead you to further suspicious websites. Besides this, it may trace your browser history, collect personal information. So, it is recommended to remove GiftHulk hijacker from your computer as soon as possible to avoid further harm to your computer.
Harmful Characteristics of GiftHulk hijacker!
Intrusion methods of this threat are really very tricky and is really hard to identify. Once it gets into the computer system it badly affects its performance and make it to work really very slow and sluggish. It even deactivates PC protection tool and posses several such damaging properties. Some of them are summed up here below
- Browser and internet settings will be altered without your knowledge.
- Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search results will be redirected to suspicious sites.
- Search results will be redirected to unknown websites which are malicious in nature.
- You will notice several unwanted and commercial pop-ups and advertisements in a row.
- Your PC resources will be compromised and certain functions will be disabled.
- You will find issues in running or executing some of your programs in your PC.
- It may mess up with your privacy settings and may steal your personal files or information.
- Constant annoying ads and fake alerts will convince you to buy their useless product.
- It will slow down the PC while starting up, playing online games, surfing internet and performing other tasks.
- It will resist most of the procedures and methods of its removal or elimination.
- Using security or privacy breaches it exploits the system vulnerabilities and try to act as a bridge for other malware.
How GiftHulk Enters into Windows System?
You usually protect your PC using powerful antivirus programs and also update Firewall on a regular basis for its protection. But still malicious infections like GiftHulk easily bypass your security system. The question here rises is “How these infections enter into the PC”? Well, the exact answer of this question is still a nightmare for the common people because cyber criminals use different-different advanced techniques to find and exploit the loopholes in your system and find an easy way of get in. So, for your knowledge some of the common mediums by which PC threats infiltrates in to the computer system are mentioned below
- Opening malicious and infected email attachments.
- Downloading freeware and shareware stuffs from unsafe sites.
- Visiting malicious websites and clicking suspicious links on it.
- Using infected Network Drives.
- Attacks from executable code scripts.
- Using infected removal storage devices.
- And several others.
How To Remove GiftHulk Effectively From PC?
GiftHulk is a dangerous rogue that must not be kept in any system for much time, you must scan your computer and clean this unwanted stuff as quick as possible. It can be done by two removal process, Manual or Automatic process. Automatic process has more advantage than manual process, as it is time saving comparing to manual process. It dont need much user effort you have to just download the program given below and start the automatic removal process, it will find all the traces of this virus himself and totally remove it from you system. In addition it will optimize the speed and performance of your PC, it is strongly recommended to remove GiftHulk as soon as you can.
How to Remove GiftHulk from PC using Manual Methods?
Manual removal methods of this threat tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below
Step 1 Start Windows system in Safe Mode with Command Prompt by pressing F8 when PC starts.
Step 2 Kill Related Process Once system starts in a safe mode, open Task Manager pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and terminate the process related to GiftHulk in the Processes tab. Doing so will disable the malicious infection to continue its work.
Step 3 Delete Registry Entries Next open the Windows Registry Editor by typing regedit in Run box. There delete all the malicious and corrupt registry entries related to the infectious threat.
Step 4 Delete Related DLL Files From the system directory find the DLL files associated with GiftHulk and delete them from PC permanently.
Remove browser settings Manually created by GiftHulk!
In Google Chrome
In Google Chrome, click on wrench or bars icon on top right corner of the browser. Then select Settings and find the area saying Search. Next click on Manage Search Engines and choose the search engine that you want to make default. You can also remove the unwanted search engines from the list.
In Mozilla Firefox
In Firefox, first click the arrow down on Google Search box right beside the G logo. Then click on Manage Search Engines to select the preferred search engine from the list. In order to remove unwanted search engine just select it and click on Remove button.
In Internet Explorer
In IE, navigate to Tools from the top menu and then to Internet Options. Now in General tabs, look for the area says Search and click on Settings button. From the list of search providers select the preferred one and remove the unwanted search engines by selecting and clicking on Remove button.
How to Protect PC from Future Malware Attacks?
You should always take good care of your Windows system because it is something that you use on a daily basis and you want it to be healthy and work properly. So, to avoid any future intrusions from any malware you must follow or take some precautions to avoid cyber attacks and keep PC safe and healthy. Some very useful PC protection tips are mentioned here below
- First of all, always update the security program you are using on a regular basis like its virus definition and program version.
- Avoid clicking any suspicious links of any un-trusted websites.
- Check email attachments before opening it especially if they are of spam mails.
- Try not to click or open any malicious advertisements from any social or unsafe websites.
- Avoid downloading stuffs like free programs, audio/video codecs etc. from torrents or sites.
- Use a powerful Firewall to block any incoming connections from malicious hosts.
- Before using any secondary storage device scan it properly for any traces of virus infections.
- Always keep your confidential stuffs password protected using combination of normal and special characters.