Looking for Help to Remove Clickorati.com? [Complete Removal Guide]
What is Clickorati.com?
Clickorati.com is a typical browser hijacker which is used by Cyber Criminals to perform their malicious activities online. It enters into your PC while downloading freeware software from third-party sites or by visiting a compromised website. And it is compatible with any of your web browser such as Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer etc. And then it replaces your homepage, default search provider and related settings with its own URLs. Once it is loaded into your PC, you will find that your searching on Google always redirects you to some unknown bogus website instead of search results from Google. It seems to be an alternative search option left for you but in reality it is a bogus program that brings spam content and paid advertisements relevant to the words you search for. Mainly this is used to drive online users to an undesired domain associated with hackers, and to steal personal user information or even to install corrupt software on infected PC. It redirects users to various malicious websites which returns false search query results, clicking on such links may result in malware and virus infections. And moreover this software are coded to spy on victim computer, they can record your browsing status, collect your personal information and may send it to the hackers. So it is recommended for you to remove remove Clickorati.com from your PC as soon as possible.
Harmful Characteristics of Clickorati.com hijacker!
Intrusion methods of this threat are really very tricky and is really hard to identify. Once it gets into the computer system it badly affects its performance and make it to work really very slow and sluggish. It even deactivates PC protection tool and posses several such damaging properties. Some of them are summed up here below
- Browser and internet settings will be altered without your knowledge.
- Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search results will be redirected to suspicious sites.
- Search results will be redirected to unknown websites which are malicious in nature.
- You will notice several unwanted and commercial pop-ups and advertisements in a row.
- Your PC resources will be compromised and certain functions will be disabled.
- You will find issues in running or executing some of your programs in your PC.
- It may mess up with your privacy settings and may steal your personal files or information.
- Constant annoying ads and fake alerts will convince you to buy their useless product.
- It will slow down the PC while starting up, playing online games, surfing internet and performing other tasks.
- It will resist most of the procedures and methods of its removal or elimination.
- Using security or privacy breaches it exploits the system vulnerabilities and try to act as a bridge for other malware.
How Clickorati.com invades to the Windows Systems?
Mostly people use antivirus programs and updated Firewall for secure protection of their PC. But still some of the malicious programs like Clickorati.com easily enters in to your system to harm it. What are the ways through which they invade security system of PC is still on count because cyber criminals always find new ways for that and we became victim of that. But for the knowledge of common users, here are some of the popular methods through which malicious program enters —
- Malicious and infected email attachments.
- Downloading infected freeware and shareware stuffs.
- Clicking on suspicious links.
- Visiting malicious websites.
- Using infected Network Drives.
- Executable code scripts attacks.
- Use of virus attacked removal storage devices.
- And many more.
How to Remove Clickorati.com from PC in Easy Steps!
To overcome the affects of this rogue, you should follow the removal guide which is given below as quickly as possible otherwise it may install additional unwanted programs or it may raise privacy issues and Internet browser slowdowns. To avoid installation of free software Internet users should always pay close attention. Clickorati.com can be removed manually from PC but it is long and a time consuming process. So it is advised that you better try the automatic removal method in which you have to download a Clickorati.com removal tool and scan PC with it. It will effectively detect and eliminate all the traces of infections from the PC in no time. So, what are you waiting for, just download the software provided below and remove Clickorati.com from your PC effectively.
How to Remove Clickorati.com from PC using Manual Methods?
Manual removal methods of this threat tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below
Step 1 Start Windows system in Safe Mode with Command Prompt by pressing F8 when PC starts.
Step 2 Kill Related Process Once system starts in a safe mode, open Task Manager pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and terminate the process related to Clickorati.com in the Processes tab. Doing so will disable the malicious infection to continue its work.
Step 3 Delete Registry Entries Next open the Windows Registry Editor by typing regedit in Run box. There delete all the malicious and corrupt registry entries related to the infectious threat.
Step 4 Delete Related DLL Files From the system directory find the DLL files associated with Clickorati.com and delete them from PC permanently.
Remove browser settings Manually created by Clickorati.com!
In Google Chrome
In Google Chrome, click on wrench or bars icon on top right corner of the browser. Then select Settings and find the area saying Search. Next click on Manage Search Engines and choose the search engine that you want to make default. You can also remove the unwanted search engines from the list.
In Mozilla Firefox
In Firefox, first click the arrow down on Google Search box right beside the G logo. Then click on Manage Search Engines to select the preferred search engine from the list. In order to remove unwanted search engine just select it and click on Remove button.
In Internet Explorer
In IE, navigate to Tools from the top menu and then to Internet Options. Now in General tabs, look for the area says Search and click on Settings button. From the list of search providers select the preferred one and remove the unwanted search engines by selecting and clicking on Remove button.
How to Protect PC from Future Malware Attacks?
You should always take good care of your Windows system because it is something that you use on a daily basis and you want it to be healthy and work properly. So, to avoid any future intrusions from any malware you must follow or take some precautions to avoid cyber attacks and keep PC safe and healthy. Some very useful PC protection tips are mentioned here below
- First of all, always update the security program you are using on a regular basis like its virus definition and program version.
- Avoid clicking any suspicious links of any un-trusted websites.
- Check email attachments before opening it especially if they are of spam mails.
- Try not to click or open any malicious advertisements from any social or unsafe websites.
- Avoid downloading stuffs like free programs, audio/video codecs etc. from torrents or sites.
- Use a powerful Firewall to block any incoming connections from malicious hosts.
- Before using any secondary storage device scan it properly for any traces of virus infections.
- Always keep your confidential stuffs password protected using combination of normal and special characters.