Lightning SpeedDial (NewTab) is a impending harmful rogue that include infectious objects, installs irritating toolbars or BHO (browser helper objects) and has other indistinct intentions. In general you are encouraged to download and install free software, music or video via Lightning SpeedDial (NewTab) . It follows browsing traits, pull together the privacy and crucial data stored in the computer and relocate them for commercial or evil purposes to cyber criminals.
It decelerates the performance of the computer slowly and also interrupts network accessibility in a enhanced way. You won’t be able to use any of the system tools like Task Manager, Registry Editor or others, as all of them might be deactivated. No doubt that all the computer resources will be confronted and vital all the features and capabilities of the system will be disabled.
It is quite clever in searching slipups in the system and exploits it to tile path for extra infuriating malware to get in the PC. From the actions explained above, it is quite clear that how dangerous this malware is. And for the safety of PC it is obligatory to remove Lightning SpeedDial (NewTab) as soon as possible. It is because as long this malware will exist in the computer system more it will root problems for it.
How to detect if PC is infected with Lightning SpeedDial (NewTab) ?
Usually, malware’s get into the PC using several tricky ways without your knowledge or permission. They try their best to hide themselves and remain undetected by the security programs. Noticing its malicious effects on the PC you can easily find the super group to which they belong to. But in order to know the exact threat and its location in the PC it is very important that you scan your PC for the same. Now the question is which scanner to use in these conditions which can effectively detect each and every traces of any threat that can attack the PC.
Advice: Well, we have tried several scanners in this regard who claim to effectively detect the potential threats in the computer system but most of them have failed to keep what they claim. So, after lot of research and experimentation our computer experts have picked up the most powerful and effective malware scanner that really works. So, just download it from the link provided below and scan your PC for free.
Complete Removal Instructions for Lightning SpeedDial (NewTab) – Virus Removal Guide!
Perform all the steps in the order it is mentioned. If you have any question or doubt at any point while performing these steps then ‘STOP‘ and ask for assistance.
Option 1: Automated Lightning SpeedDial (NewTab) Removal
Automated removal of this malware is really very simple and effective. Just follow some easy steps and your PC is free from any potential threat reside in your PC along with the targeted threat.
- Step 1: Reboot your PC in ‘Safe Mode with Networking‘.
Read here for complete information on different options of ‘Safe Mode‘.
- Step 2: Download and install Lightning SpeedDial (NewTab) Removal Tool.
To read the complete installation guide and removal steps, see User Guide.
- Step 3: Fix web browser options starting from its settings to other stuffs by downloading CCleaner.
For complete installation guide and working of CCleaner by Piriform, see how to use CCleaner.
- Step 4: As a final step ‘Restart‘ the PC in normal mode and see if it is working normally.
Option 2: Manual Lightning SpeedDial (NewTab) Removal
Step 1: – Start your PC in ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt‘.
Step 2: – Remove related program from ‘Control Panel’ using ‘Add/Remove’ feature.
NOTE: To represent Lightning SpeedDial (NewTab) , we used the term ‘Unknown’ here. Be aware that it may also use other names or terms.
Step 3: Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and type ‘about:config‘ in URL bar and hit ‘Enter’.
- Enter ‘keyword.URL‘ in the search box, right click and select ‘Modify‘.
- Reset this parameter by leaving the box empty or setting something different from what it set.
- Next enter ‘browser.search.defaultenginename‘ in the search box and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- Now type ‘browser.search.selectedEngine‘ in the search box and reset it to something different from what is set
- Last but not the least, search for ‘browser.newtab.url‘ and modify it to ‘about:newtab’.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Step 4: Remove from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on ‘Wrench‘ or ‘Bar‘ icon in the top right corner.
- Choose ‘Settings‘ > ‘Search‘ > ‘Manage Search Engines‘.
- Next select your preferred search engine and click on ‘Make Default‘.
- Restart browser after completion.
Step 5: Remove from Internet Explorer
- Start the IE and select ‘Tools‘(from Top Menu) > ‘Internet Option‘.
- Click ‘General‘ tab > ‘Change Search Defaults‘ > ‘Settings‘.
- Now select your preferred provider and click ‘Set as default‘.
- Restart browser.
Protect PC from Future Malware Attacks!
You should always take good care of your Windows system because it is something that you use quite often and you want it to be safe and secure so that you can work on it properly. So, to avoid any future intrusions from any malware you must follow or take some precautions and keep PC safe and healthy. Some of the basic things that you can do are ?
- Turn on Safe Browsing feature of the browser you use.
- Update security program in a regular basis.
- Use a powerful Firewall to block any incoming connections from malicious hosts.
- And various similar.
To know more on how to avoid future malware attacks & boost PC protection, read – Tips & Techniques to Boost PC Protection Against Malware?s.