Video Download Converter Toolbar is actually an adware program created by the attackers which is used to promote advertisement for money. This virus pops up unwanted advertisement on the computer browser whenever user runs the browser. It slows down the computer system and internet connection and there for browser take more time to load a single page. It installed automatically without the permission of the user. It installed with freeware software like downloader manager, video recording and PDF creators etc. video download converter toolbar will also track the browsing habit of the user and sends all the information to the attackers.
This will also change the toolbar settings, browser homepage and many security options of the computer system so it can easily work on the system. It provides many advertisement links that redirect the user to the suspicious site. To avoid this type of problems user need to pay attention while downloading or installing any free software or not download any free software from any unauthorized sites. Video Download Converter Toolbar is very harmful virus for the any computer system so it is necessary to remove it to use the computer in an efficient manner.
How to detect if PC is infected with Video Download Converter Toolbar?
Usually, malware’s get into the PC using several tricky ways without your knowledge or permission. They try their best to hide themselves and remain undetected by the security programs. Noticing its malicious effects on the PC you can easily find the super group to which they belong to. But in order to know the exact threat and its location in the PC it is very important that you scan your PC for the same. Now the question is which scanner to use in these conditions which can effectively detect each and every traces of any threat that can attack the PC.
Advice: Well, we have tried several scanners in this regard who claim to effectively detect the potential threats in the computer system but most of them have failed to keep what they claim. So, after lot of research and experimentation our computer experts have picked up the most powerful and effective malware scanner that really works. So, just download it from the link provided below and scan your PC for free.
Complete Removal Instructions for Video Download Converter Toolbar – Virus Removal Guide!
Perform all the steps in the order it is mentioned. If you have any question or doubt at any point while performing these steps then ‘STOP‘ and ask for assistance.
Option 1: Automated Video Download Converter Toolbar Removal
Automated removal of this malware is really very simple and effective. Just follow some easy steps and your PC is free from any potential threat reside in your PC along with the targeted threat.
- Step 1: Reboot your PC in ‘Safe Mode with Networking‘.
Read here for complete information on different options of ‘Safe Mode‘.
- Step 2: Download and install Video Download Converter Toolbar Removal Tool.
To read the complete installation guide and removal steps, see User Guide.
- Step 3: Fix web browser options starting from its settings to other stuffs by downloading CCleaner.
For complete installation guide and working of CCleaner by Piriform, see how to use CCleaner.
- Step 4: As a final step ‘Restart‘ the PC in normal mode and see if it is working normally.
Option 2: Manual Video Download Converter Toolbar Removal
Step 1: – Start your PC in ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt‘.
Step 2: – Remove related program from ‘Control Panel‘ using ‘Add/Remove‘ feature.
NOTE: To represent Video Download Converter Toolbar, we used the term ‘Unknown’ here. Be aware that it may also use other names or terms.
Step 3: Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and type ‘about:config‘? in URL bar and hit ‘Enter?’.
- Enter ?’keyword.URL‘? in the search box, right click and select ‘?Modify‘?.
- Reset this parameter by leaving the box empty or setting something different from what it set.
- Next enter ?’browser.search.defaultenginename‘? in the search box and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- Now type ?’browser.search.selectedEngine‘ in the search box and reset it to something different from what is set
- Last but not the least, search for ‘browser.newtab.url?’ and modify it to ‘about:newtab’.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Step 4: Remove from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on ‘?Wrench‘ or ‘Bar‘? icon in the top right corner.
- Choose ‘Settings‘ > ‘?Search‘ > ‘Manage Search Engines?’.
- Next select your preferred search engine and click on ‘Make Default’.
- Restart browser after completion.
Step 5: Remove from Internet Explorer
- Start the IE and select ‘?Tools‘?(from Top Menu) > ‘?Internet Option‘?.
- Click ‘General‘ tab > ‘?Change Search Defaults‘? > ‘?Settings‘.
- Now select your preferred provider and click ?’Set as default‘.
- Restart browser.
Protect PC from Future Malware Attacks!
You should always take good care of your Windows system because it is something that you use quite often and you want it to be safe and secure so that you can work on it properly. So, to avoid any future intrusions from any malware you must follow or take some precautions and keep PC safe and healthy. Some of the basic things that you can do are ?
- Turn on Safe Browsing feature of the browser you use.
- Update security program in a regular basis.
- Use a powerful Firewall to block any incoming connections from malicious hosts.
- And various similar.
To know more on how to avoid future malware attacks & boost PC protection, read – Tips & Techniques to Boost PC Protection Against Malware?s.