How to Remove Search Protect by Conduit from Windows System – Complete Removal Guide!
About Search Protect by Conduit!
Search Protect by Conduit is a typical malware which is categorized as browser hijacker program and it is promoted by third party software collecting money from paid advertises. As this virus secretly enters into your system, it starts modify your default browser settings and it appears itself as your homepage in a form of search engine. And it is compatible with any of your web browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox. Once it is loaded into your infected system, you will find that your searching on Google always redirects you to related sites instead of search results from Google. This redirect virus, redirect you to undesired or malicious websites which may further contains advertisements ads and pop-ups which are not trusted. Also when opening a new tab, Search Protect by Conduit appears automatically in users screen. And this malware seems to be an alternative search option left for you but in reality it is a fake program. Moreover, it may show annoying commercial advertisements to earn money or they can be involved in dangerous activities such as collecting personal user data for hackers, spreading scam-wares and distributing fake products. So it is recommended for you to remove Search Protect by Conduit from windows system as soon as possible.
Harmful Characteristics of Search Protect by Conduit hijacker!
Intrusion methods of this threat are really very tricky and is really hard to identify. Once it gets into the computer system it badly affects its performance and make it to work really very slow and sluggish. It even deactivates PC protection tool and posses several such damaging properties. Some of them are summed up here below
- Browser and internet settings will be altered without your knowledge.
- Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search results will be redirected to suspicious sites.
- Search results will be redirected to unknown websites which are malicious in nature.
- You will notice several unwanted and commercial pop-ups and advertisements in a row.
- Your PC resources will be compromised and certain functions will be disabled.
- You will find issues in running or executing some of your programs in your PC.
- It may mess up with your privacy settings and may steal your personal files or information.
- Constant annoying ads and fake alerts will convince you to buy their useless product.
- It will slow down the PC while starting up, playing online games, surfing internet and performing other tasks.
- It will resist most of the procedures and methods of its removal or elimination.
- Using security or privacy breaches it exploits the system vulnerabilities and try to act as a bridge for other malware.
How Search Protect by Conduit invades to the Windows Systems?
Mostly people use antivirus programs and updated Firewall for secure protection of their PC. But still some of the malicious programs like Search Protect by Conduit easily enters in to your system to harm it. What are the ways through which they invade security system of PC is still on count because cyber criminals always find new ways for that and we became victim of that. But for the knowledge of common users, here are some of the popular methods through which malicious program enters —
- Malicious and infected email attachments.
- Downloading infected freeware and shareware stuffs.
- Clicking on suspicious links.
- Visiting malicious websites.
- Using infected Network Drives.
- Executable code scripts attacks.
- Use of virus attacked removal storage devices.
- And many more.
How to remove Search Protect by Conduit from PC?
Search Protect by Conduit is being spread using exploit kits which are capable of infiltrating user’s computer using found security vulnerabilities. Removal of this Malware is a difficult task for the user as the system is totally blocked users cannot perform any action. It can be removed manually but it may cause damage to your system if user does any mistake while deleting some essential or registry files from the computer. It can be removed easily with the automatic way by using this tool provided below and just download this Removal tool. It completely scans your whole PC automatically and removes this threat totally. It will also help you to optimize your PC speed and performance. So it is recommended to remove Search Protect by Conduit from your system as fast as you can.
How to Remove Search Protect by Conduit from PC using Manual Methods?
Manual removal methods of this threat tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below
Step 1 Start Windows system in Safe Mode with Command Prompt by pressing F8 when PC starts.
Step 2 Kill Related Process Once system starts in a safe mode, open Task Manager pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and terminate the process related to Search Protect by Conduit in the Processes tab. Doing so will disable the malicious infection to continue its work.
Step 3 Delete Registry Entries Next open the Windows Registry Editor by typing regedit in Run box. There delete all the malicious and corrupt registry entries related to the infectious threat.
Step 4 Delete Related DLL Files From the system directory find the DLL files associated with Search Protect by Conduit and delete them from PC permanently.
Remove browser settings Manually created by Search Protect by Conduit!
In Google Chrome
In Google Chrome, click on wrench or bars icon on top right corner of the browser. Then select Settings and find the area saying Search. Next click on Manage Search Engines and choose the search engine that you want to make default. You can also remove the unwanted search engines from the list.
In Mozilla Firefox
In Firefox, first click the arrow down on Google Search box right beside the G logo. Then click on Manage Search Engines to select the preferred search engine from the list. In order to remove unwanted search engine just select it and click on Remove button.
In Internet Explorer
In IE, navigate to Tools from the top menu and then to Internet Options. Now in General tabs, look for the area says Search and click on Settings button. From the list of search providers select the preferred one and remove the unwanted search engines by selecting and clicking on Remove button.
How to Protect PC from Future Malware Attacks?
You should always take good care of your Windows system because it is something that you use on a daily basis and you want it to be healthy and work properly. So, to avoid any future intrusions from any malware you must follow or take some precautions to avoid cyber attacks and keep PC safe and healthy. Some very useful PC protection tips are mentioned here below
- First of all, always update the security program you are using on a regular basis like its virus definition and program version.
- Avoid clicking any suspicious links of any un-trusted websites.
- Check email attachments before opening it especially if they are of spam mails.
- Try not to click or open any malicious advertisements from any social or unsafe websites.
- Avoid downloading stuffs like free programs, audio/video codecs etc. from torrents or sites.
- Use a powerful Firewall to block any incoming connections from malicious hosts.
- Before using any secondary storage device scan it properly for any traces of virus infections.
- Always keep your confidential stuffs password protected using combination of normal and special characters.