Get Rid Of Hotstartsearch.com-Virus
Hotstartsearch.com is a false search system that is promoted with the help of browser hijackers. Once this hijacker enters in your computer, it will create a lot of trouble for you by changing default DNS, homepage and other internet settings under the web browser. This malware have tendency of infecting every popular browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox etc. Pop ups are happening alongside Hotstartsearch redirect, if you leave it behind for much longer then more unpredictable issues will come up because it is such a dangerous browser malware that manages to impair the whole system.
The most common problem that appears after this infection is URL redirection. It means when ever you will search on search engine like Google, Yahoo or Bing type site you will be automatically redirected to http://Hotstartsearch.com. It will provide you link for the unwanted pages while you are intended to see some other website, actually it replace the search results with its own content that contains adds and other affiliated links. And the person behind Hotstartsearch.com could earn more and more money from affiliates.
Hotstartsearch.com is used by hackers to collect personal user information like user name, password, number of transaction, most visited sites etc via cookies and other tricks. However we can say that this is a potentially unwanted site having no use so you should not leave this infection stay on your Computer. It should be terminated as soon as possible to avoid further problems.
Harmful Characteristics of Hotstartsearch.com!
- It presents itself as a toolbar in the Internet browser
- It may come with dangerous privacy-invasive software and spyware’s.
- Victims may find it difficult to remove it from their PC and browser.
- It displays lots of annoying ads and commercial pop-ups.
- It may steal your valuable personal data and compromises security of the PC.
- It installs at the victims PC automatically.
- It tracks the online behavior and Internet activity of user.
How Hotstartsearch.com virus Spreads?
It is actually not certain how this malware gets into the computer system particularly. If it takes the help of any method to intrude in to any particular PC then you can’t be sure it will do the same for others. Since it does not requires any kind of administrator permission to get inside, so it is really hard to find how it gains entry into the PC. Some of common intrusion methods include –
- Taking the help of some sneaky Trojans, viruses and other malware’s.
- Downloading email attachments containing infected codes or malicious stuffs.
- Through peer to peer file sharing tools.
- Downloading free stuffs like movies, codec’s, videos etc. from un-trusted or malicious websites.
- Clicking links of pop-ups and ads which are malicious in nature.
How to remove Hotstartsearch.com Virus?
Hotstartsearch.com Virus Removal is not an easy task as it entered itself with the help of browse hijacker, it is difficult to remove. To overcome with this problem of Hotstartsearch.com malware we recommend two removal procedures. First is Automatic removal and second Manual removal. Manual removal of Hotstartsearch.com is time consuming process. Under this process first you have to understand the problem and which files and entries to be removed from the windows registry and system directories to get rid of this problem. Even after that you can’t ensure all the traces of malware are completely removed from the system. Therefore it is advised that you better try the automatic removal method by downloading the file provided below which makes your work very easy and time saving. It will remove all the traces of this malware from the computer system. In addition it will also optimize the performance of your PC and make it to work faster with improved speed. So it is recommended to remove Hotstartsearch.com as soon as possible.
To view complete installation,check out Installation Guide.
Manual removal methods of Hotstartsearch.com tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below :
Step 1 – Start your Windows system and keep pressing ‘F8’ button on your keyboard until Windows Advanced Option menu shows up. Then select the ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ option from the list and press ‘Enter’.
Step 2 – Delete Hotstartsearch.com files from PC:
- Click Windows Start menu & then click “Search.”
- A pop up will ask, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders”
- Type a badware file name in the search box, and select “Local Hard Drives”
- Click “Search” and wait till all badware files are found.
- Once you get them simply delete them.
Step 3 – Stop the related processes –
- Click the Start menu, select Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe into the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- Click Processes tab, and find badware processes.
- Once you’ve found the badware processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill badware.
Step 4 – Remove registry keys –
- Click the Start menu, and click “Run.” An “Open” field will appear. Type “regedit” and click “OK ” to open up your Registry Editor. In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.
- Registry Editor opens as a two-paned window: the left side lets you select registry keys,the right side shows the values of any selected registry key.
- To find a badware registry key, select “Edit,” then select “Find,” and in the search bar type any of badware ‘s registry keys.
- When the badware registry key appears, to delete the badware registry key, right-click it, and select “Modify,” then select “Delete.”
Step 5 – Delete related DLL files –
- Open the Start menu, and click “Run” Type “cmd” in Run, and click “OK.” (In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.)
- To change your current directory, type “cd” in the command box, press “Space,” and enter the full directory where the badware DLL is located. If you’re not sure where the badware DLL is located, enter “dir” in the command box to display a directory’s contents. To go one directory back, type “cd ..” in the command box and press “Enter.”
- When you’ve found a badware DLL, type “regsvr32 /u AnyDLLName.dll” (e.g., “regsvr32 /u jl27script.dll”) and press “Enter.”
Remove settings manually created by Hotstartsearch.com.
NOTE: To represent Hotstartsearch.com, we used the term ‘Unknown’. Be aware that Hotstartsearch.com may also use other names or terms.
Step 1 – Start Internet Explorer, navigate to Tools (on top menu) > Internet Options.
Step 2 – Now in General tabs, look for the area says Search and click on Settings button.
Step 3 – From the list of search providers, select your preferred search provider and click on Set as default to replace Hotstartsearch.com.
Step 4 – You can also remove Hotstartsearch.com from the list by selecting and clicking Remove button.
Step 1 – Launch Google Chrome and click the Wrench icon on top right corner of the browser.
Step 2 – After that click on Settings to open a window. Find the area saying Search in the mid section of the page and click on Manage search engines.
Step 3 – Then mouse-over to the preferred search engine and click Make default.
Step 4 – You can also remove Hotstartsearch.com from there by clicking X mark which will appear when you will hover the mouse pointer over it.
Step 1 – Launch Mozilla, click the arrow down on Google Search box right beside the ‘G’ logo.
Step 2 – Then click on Manage Search Engines from the drop-down list to view all search engines installed.
Step 3 – Choose your preferred default search provider and place it at first spot by clicking Move up button.
Step 4 – You can also remove Hotstartsearch.com by highlighting it and clicking Remove button.